Your smile is one of the first things that people notice about you. A healthy smile isn’t achieved overnight. It takes patience, consistency, and the right technique to achieve. Here are six simple tips you can do to improve the appearance and health of your teeth for a clean smile.
6 Easy Tips for a Clean Smile
- Eat Right – In addition to good nutrition provided by healthy foods that help teeth grow and stay healthy, fruits and vegetables promote the production of saliva. More saliva means the mouth is naturally washed out more often, preventing bacterial growth.
- Brush and Floss – Brushing removes leftover food particles that can bond with saliva to form plaque. Flossing is important because it removes plaque from places that your toothbrush alone can’t reach. Be sure to brush and floss twice a day, every day.
- Use Fluoride – Fluoride helps strengthen tooth enamel, making it an important additive in toothpaste. Using toothpaste and/or mouthwash with fluoride can reverse tooth decay at early stages and prevent problems later on. Did you know tooth decay is the second most common disease in the world? Brushing your teeth is the best way to prevent tooth decay.
- Drink More Water – Staying well hydrated is important for your entire body. Your systems need water to function effectively. The same goes for your mouth. With a dry mouth, particles are more likely to stick to your teeth, which can lead to potential decay and cavity formation. So, stay hydrated throughout the day!
- See Hygienist Twice a Year – Regular dental exams are necessary for preserving your oral health. Your dentist is trained to recognize early signs of tooth decay and gum disease before they turn severe. This can help you avoid complicated and expensive dental procedures.
- Maintain Your Toothbrush – Your toothbrush doesn’t need any special cleaning but make sure it dries after each use and there is no leftover toothpaste on it. Store it upright and exposed to air and your toothbrush will be good to go. It’s also recommended to replace your toothbrush every three to four months.
Contact Promenade Dental in Atlanta for your next dental exam and teeth cleaning. We’d love the opportunity to help you maintain a healthy clean smile!